- Policy and Capacity Development
- Performance assessment methodologies
- Performance management
- Corporate governance structures
- Peer Reviews
- Fiduciary Risk Assessments
Managing Public Sector Assets
Whole-of-government framework for managing sustainability, including of public sector assets. Outputs delivered include:
- Whole of Government Asset Management Framework
- Framework for Maintenance of Infrastructure: Infrastructure Maintenance in the Pacific
- Strategic and Operational Plans
- Country-specific asset management legislation, policies, systems and procedures.
- Asset Management Manual
- training programs.
Infrastructure Strategic Management
Talking Infrastructure (Dr Penny Burns)
Public Financial Management
- Internal Control documentation and review.
- Fraud prevention.
- Systems specifications
- Fiduciary Risk Management
Human Development and Sustainable Development Goals
Efficient, resilient, and well-planned initiatives ensure that no one is left behind in the drive for inclusive growth. Our experience in Governance and Institutional Development provides support and guidance in the crafting of a Governance and community response to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Municipal Finance (Kerry McGovern)
- Local Economic Development (Dr Jane Stanley)
- How to Build Local Economies (Dr Jane Stanley)
- Conflict related Development Analysis (Kieren McGovern)
- Jane Stanley, 2007. Gnarly Planning: Tools for Local and Global Action, Sarina, Qld
Social Cohesion and Crisis Response
Our work is always to promote tolerance and reduce vulnerability. Peacebuilding, transitional justice mechanisms, conflict prevention and disaster response and risk reduction through strengthening communities.
K McGovern and Associates has successfully assisted communities by providing specialist capacity to achieve results driven programmes of UN Agencies in crisis prone areas.
- Solomon Islands Peace and Conflict Development Analysis: Emerging Priorities in Preventing Future Violent Conflict
- Conference on Conflict and Conflict Resolution in Asia and the Pacific, October 25-27 2004
- Trouble in Paradise: Small Arms in the Pacific
Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring and evaluation mechanisms demonstrate accountability, enable innovative and responsive programming and improve our understanding of what constitutes effective development.
K McGovern and Associates provides expert leadership for evidence-based collaborative learning, using the results of work to improve decisions affecting program outcomes.
We possess specific M&E experience for projects addressing Public Sector Management, Crisis response and the empowerment of women.
Facilitation of Meaningful Work
Lots of busy work can sometimes be meaningless. It consumes human and environmental resources needlessly and creates burnout and distress. Our associates are trained in applying the Map of Meaning in our work. Not only does it ensure that our associates are sane and healthy as we work with you, it also means that our work will be meaningful to you, your staff, your clients and beneficiaries.
We draw on certified practitioners across the world, through The Map of Meaning International Charitable Trust.
- The Map of Meaning – Certification Program
- Working with the Map of Meaning consultancies
- Link: “Face to Face – the why of work in Review in New Zealand Management: The Leaders’ Magazine
- Article “Unhappy Staff want more from Work” – Anneli Knight in Sydney Morning Herald – 20th March, 2013
- Article “Six things that will demoralise staff” in Sydney Morning Herald – 9th April, 2014
- Lips Wiersma, Marjolein and Lani Morris, 2018. The Map of Meaningful Work (2ed) A Practical Guide to Sustaining our Humanity, Routledge, Abington, UK and New York, USA.